I’ve been trying to cut back on my dairy intake lately so that means I have lots of test recipes to share with you guys! I did use ghee butter, which is technically a dairy product, but it contains no lactose or milk solids and is considered one of the least problematic dairy products. Thanks to my IG poll takers for allowing me to include ghee butter in the dairy free challenge! This was super easy to make! Hope you guys enjoy.
– 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
– 1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
– 1/4 cup ghee butter + coconut oil combined
– 1 heaping tablespoon honey
– 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla liquid stevia
– 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon chia seeds
– dried cranberries & raisins to your liking
– mini dairy free chocolate chips to your liking
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine the oats & almonds on a baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the ghee butter, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, chia seeds & stevia and cook until it melts, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour the mixture over the rolled oats and almonds. Add the cranberries and raisins. Mix well.
5. Let cool for about 20 minutes, then add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into a parchment lined 9 inch square pan. Press firmly with a rubber spatula to even out the mixture. Add extra chocolate chips on top if you would like (obviously) and press them into the granola so they stick.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
8. Remove the granola from the pan and cut it into bars!
*For a loose granola mixture, do a level teaspoon of honey instead.